Probably the lightest and moistest chocolate cake recipe ever! Delicious served with a double thick cream and light dust of icing sugar. Great recipe for the whole family and a perfect end to that dinner party! Enjoy!
- 400 gram chopped dark chocolate
- 85 grams of raisins
- 125 ml whiskey
- 6 eggs (separated)
- 225 gram butter
- 300 gram sugar
- 100 gram plain flour
- 160 gram ground almonds
- 125 ml warm water
- Butter and line a 22 cm spring form round cake tin.
- Marinate the raisins in the whiskey for about 1 hour.
- Combine the chocolate and the butter in the top of a double saucepan and stir over simmering water until it is melted and combined.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the warm water.
- Beat the eggs yolks and sugar until thick and creamy, and then add to chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the flour and almonds, and stir in the raisin and whiskey mixture.
- In a separate bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form and then gently fold into mixture.
- Bake at 180C for approximately 50- 60 minutes.Let cake cool for an hour before removal.
If you would like one of our expert Chef's to help you create this and any other lovely dishes for your next function, send us a note using the contact form below with your details and requirements and we'll be happy to get back to you.